Professional Tree and Flower Planting
Olympic Lawn & Landscape, Inc. takes pride in our flower bed design services, carefully planting trees and flowers around residential and commercial properties. Our flower bed design starts with our understanding of local climate, soil and growing seasons, so we can help you determine which plants will be best for your space based on environment and sun exposure. Flower beds can be more than peonies and tulips. We will work with you to determine which trees, shrubs and flowers will provide you the most personal enjoyment and satisfaction taking into account if you want plants that bloom or stay green year-round, plants that grow up into a hedge for privacy or grow close to the ground for visibility. We plan our flower bed designs based on your personal style and preference.
We also provide residential landscaping, pruning and tree trimming in Kansas City to maintain your plants, flowers and trees.
New Plant and Tree Care:
We recommend the following tips and schedule when caring for your newly installed plants and trees.
1. Watering schedule: *NOTE: Plant type and amount of sunlight will have a direct effect on irrigation needs.
Week 1: Water 4 times
Weeks 2-3: Water 3 times per week
Weeks 4-5: Water 2 times per week
Week 6 and beyond: Water at least 1 time per week depending on the season and type of plant.
2. Insecticide and fungicide treatments should be administered at least 3 times per season.
3. Regarding fertilizer, we recommend using fertilizer stakes in the spring.
4. Be proactive in protecting all plants and trees from children, pets, lawn devices and wildlife.
5. Periodically check for wilting, which indicates a plant’s lack of water and nutrients.
6. Also, check for yellowing, which is often an indication of overwatering.
Tree trimming or pruning can improve the aesthetic of a plant but may also become necessary to maintain the health of the plant.