As the warmer weather makes its way into the Kansas City forecast, spring is officially here! Its time for beautiful tulips, green grasses and days of relaxation out in the sun to make an appearance once again.Not only does spring present a beautiful outdoor setting, but it's also the time of year for outdoor parties! Whether you're hosting a graduation party, engagement party, bridal shower, open house or backyard barbecue, spring is when the outdoor patio opens back up! Start the grill, clean off the patio table, and enjoy the outdoors once again!
Outdoor Patio Party PlanningHaving an outdoor living space is a great reason to host an outdoor party! As you get your plans in place, begin to think through the following party planning steps. You already have your location, so the rest of the planning should be pretty simple.
- Pick a date and time. Think about if you want a daytime or evening party. Both will work great on your outdoor patio.
- Pick a theme for your party. Especially if you're hosting a wedding or graduation-themed party. Even if you're hosting a BBQ, make it fun by having a theme for your food and decor.
- Invite guests through printed invitations, or online through sites like Facebook or Evite. There are several fun ways to send out invites - and even some online ways that are free! When you send out online invitations, guests can RSVP quickly, and post comments, too.
- Plan the menu and activities. Make sure you have a plan for food and activities. From elaborate menus to simple grilling choices, it's good to have in mind everything you'd like to prepare. Also, get out your lawn games, or make preparations for any other activities you'd like to do during your party.
- Configure the arrangement of your furniture outdoors. It's important to have a plan for where your food will go and where your guests will sit. This will help you enjoy your party, and not be stressed at the last minute. It will also help you know how many table clothes, centerpieces and other items you'll need.
- Go shopping for food and party supplies. Make a good, detailed list. Don't forget plastic plates and forks if you want an easy cleanup. Think about ice, trash bags, table cloths and any items you'll need for games, too.
- Make preparations for the party. Begin making the food with plenty of time. Prepare all of the games and gifts. Recruit help if needed.
- On the day of your party, enjoy! You've planned it well.