Mulching Services and Lawn Care
Mulching is the essential protection for your your garden or landscape. When it comes to a healthy, successful landscape, mulching can make a big difference! Installing mulch conserves soil moisture, prevents weed growth, reduces erosion and also saves you valuable time in lawn maintenance. For the full effect, mulch must be applied properly. If it is laid too deep or the wrong mulch material is applied, it can actually have a detrimental effect on trees and landscape plants. If you want to reap the benefits of mulch it is best to use professional mulching services unless you are absolutely sure how to mulch. Most gardeners don’t want to mess with heavy bags and dirty hands, let Olympic Lawn & Landscape take care of it for you. We offer expert mulching services and lawn care that will keep your lawn and landscape healthy and attractive — hassle-free!
Benefits of Proper Mulching
- Mulching will maintain soil moisture. Natural evaporation is reduced. This reduces the need for watering.
- Mulching will control weeds. A 2- to 4-inch layer of quality mulch will help reduce the growth of weeds.
- Mulch serves as nature’s little insulator. Mulch keeps soils warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Depending on the type of mulch you choose it will improve soil aeration, structure and even drainage over time.
- Some mulches can improve soil fertility.
- A layer of mulch will assist in disease prevention for certain plants.
- Mulching around trees helps facilitate maintenance and can reduce the likelihood of damage from “weed whackers” or the dreaded “lawn mower blight.”
- Mulch will give garden planting beds a well-cared-for look and beautify your landscape.