Landscape Lighting & Outdoor Lighting
Have you ever driven by a beautiful home tastefully lit up at night? There’s something almost magical about well-placed landscape lighting that sets a home apart from the rest. If you’d like to add landscape lighting to your property, the good news is that a little outdoor lighting can go a long way.
To create an outdoor lighting plan, it’s best to walk around your property when it’s dark and imagine what areas you’d like to feature. In addition, think about where additional lighting will provide safety for walkways and security for your home. Here are a few basic ideas to get your creative juices flowing when it comes to fantastic landscape lighting.
Landscape & Outdoor Lighting Design in Lee’s Summit
- Entryways – For obvious safety and security reasons, adding lights around your entryway is a great idea.
- Walkways – Paths and walkways are great places to install outdoor lighting. Low illumination creates an inviting area while providing enough light for safety reasons.
- Driveways – Another good spot for low-level landscape lighting is your driveway. Especially if you have a long driveway on your property, these lights can welcome your friends over on a dark night.
- Patios or decks– If you have an outdoor entertainment area like a patio or deck, adding some landscape lighting to these areas creates a festive atmosphere. You can even highlight some specific features like an outdoor kitchen, seating areas or railings.
- Architectural features – If you’d like to feature a certain area of your home like a wall, you can choose a wide beam close to the house for a wash effect or a farther beam to create highlights and shadows for a different look.
- Garden features – Adding landscape lighting to trees, shrubs and bushes is another way to showcase your property in outdoor light.
Remember, you only need a little bit of landscape lighting to bring out the best features of your home and yard. If you’re unsure how much is too much, start off with less landscape lighting and add more later.
Proudly serving the Kansas City & Lee’s Summit communities.